The most of the wireless routers use 192.168.1.1 IP address as default address to get in their web-interface. It’s not the only IP which routers use, but it’s the most popular. There are a lot of different IP addresses: 10.0.0.1, 192.168.0.1, 192.168.l.254, 192.168.2.1 etc. Someone calls they host addresses.
What you can do with 192.168.l.l IP address?
You can get accessibility to your router by typing 192.168.l.l in address bar of your router. When you enter in router’s web-interface, you can set a list of options which provide you correct and safety using of router: network management, security options, WLAN settings etc.
How to login in 192.168.1.1 web-interface
- First step is entering in http://192.168.1.1 There are two ways of entering: you can type it in address bar manually or click on URL on our website. If you have different IP, you can find it in this article.
- Write your identification information. If you lost your password and username, you just need to follow sub-article below.
Default Router Username and Password List
You can find your identification information in presented list:
What you should do if you forget your router’s identification information?
There can be some situations when you can’t find your username and password, so here is information that can help you find them.
- You can check your router’s label sticker. They can locate there.
- You can change all router’s information except IP address (192.168.1.1). If you changed your router’s identification information, you need to reset router to factory defaults. Firstly, you should find special RESET button on back or bottom side of your router. It’s not depend on the type of router. Every manufacturer chooses the most convenient location place. Press it by using sharp item and hold for 10 seconds.
- If you didn’t change identification information, you can use default username and password which can be found in list above.