Routers provide people to share internet connection on home territory. Belkin routers can save your wireless network from falling by huge list of settings. Manufacturer invented this router specially for situations when it’s necessary to do it fast, so be sure that this process isn’t difficult. All settings of Belkin router locate in web-interface. Here is a list of actions below that you should do to enter in your router’s web interface for configuration your router.
POWER CYCLING THE MODEM AND ROUTER
- Firstly, you need unplug your router and modem from all power sources.
- Modem should be connected to router’s WAN port which also known as Ethernet port. You can’t do it without Ethernet cable.
- To power on your router, you need press ON button. Don’t forget to plug devices back to power source.
ROUTER MANUAL SET UP
Steps below can be used for some Belkin routers. If you have different router, you can check other articles about setting up.
- Connect your personal computer to Ethernet port of router.
- Now you need start your web-browser. It’s not important what browser do you have. Here you need type router’s IP address in address bar. Belkin routers have 192.168.2.1 IP address. If it doesn’t work, check this page with default IP addresses where you can find your model.
- Clicking on Login button
- You don’t need to type password. Just click Submit. Here you need click on Trouble finding the router web-based setup page.
- Here you need select connection type
- Choose the best variant and click next.
- Type ISP information and click on Apply button.
SETUP WIRELESS FEATURE ON BELKIN ROUTER
Here should be “Wireless”. Visit this page. Here you can change Wireless network name and wireless channel which you can see in picture below.
ENABLE WIRELESS SECURITY
Then visit “Security” settings. Set all settings as shown on picture below.
After all these actions, you can use your Internet connection. To be sure that your wireless network works correction, you need enable address filtering to prevent authorized accesses.